Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Emma Halloween 2008 as Princess Leia or "your Highness"


As you may or may not have known, today is Star Wars day! May the fourth be with you. Get it? HAHA! Oh man I love it. Anyway. In celebration my Padawan and I sat down to watch The Empire Strikes Back (her choice btw...I've taught her well) and about 25 min into the movie, when the Rebels are evacuating Hoth, Emma says:

I think it's safe to say that Han Solo, Your highness, and Luke are going to save the day.

MY KID IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! Oh man do I love her.

And now to reminisce momentarily about my childhood and
Star Wars.

Star Wars has and always will be a big part of my life. It was my favorite thing to play as a kid. I wrote stories (still do) about the original characters as well as ones that I created. My walls were covered with Star Wars posters, pics that I tore out of magazines, and calenders that I disassembled. My shelves filled with action figures and paraphernalia. I still have it all. Packed into boxes. My dream is to one day own a house with a room dedicated completely to Star Wars. It's going to rock! But my fondest Star Wars memory had to be when I first "discovered" it. I was very little. Emmas age maybe younger. My family was staying in a hotel (I'm not sure where or why) and Star Wars was on. Now I know that I had seen it before cause my parents always talk about how it was the only thing my older brother would watch. But this must have been the first time I REALLY sat down and watched it cause I remember thinking "where have you been all my life". It was like receiving revalation. A truly magical experience that changed my life forever.

And so now I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU George Lucas for creating Star Wars and allowing others to expand on your original idea creating thousands of hours of entertainment in the form of books, video games, and cartoons. And I forgive you for the latest 3 installments which were, for lack of a better term, bantha fodder. Please if you ever decide to make another 3 movies, let someone else write the scripts. And for the love of Yoda, DO NOT cast  Jake Loyd. Seriously dude what were you thinking??








No comments:

Post a Comment